Saturday, November 22, 2014

Big Os and Omegas

What is the meaning of these?
It assesses the running time of a program?
I'm thinking we have to graph a function showing the running time, and then we have to estimate approximately how long it will take for the code to execute.

I'm just unsure of what c and B mean.
I know B is the breakpoint and c is the constant that is multiplied with the consequent of the definition of big O, but I'm not sure what it represents when translated graphically (which is how I'm attempting to define it, since that was what we were shown in tutorial.).
At some breakpoint B, it holds true that the consequent function will be greater than the function in the antecedent?
And they are actually the same functions except the consequent is multiplied by some constant?

No comments:

Post a Comment